Sink – sombrer

I did not have much time this week but I still found some time do this week theme on IF : sink. Sometimes it’s good to sink to the bottom.. see what lay there, in the abyss of our own darkness… I wish human could be like fish… it’s so peaceful in the deep sea.——

sink2 lres Sink   sombrer

Je n’avais pas beaucoup de temps cette semaine, mais j’ai tout de même trouvé une heure ou deux pour faire le thème de cette semaine sur IF: Sombrer (couler?).

Quelques fois c’est pas mauvais d’aller voir ce qui se cache dans les profondeurs… dans nos coins sombres. Ca serait chouette  d’être comme des poissons, non? Pouvoir dormir dans l’eau… tout semble si paisible au fond de l’océan.

19 Comments

1. Posted December 18, 2011 at 9:18 am | Permalink

This is really beautiful. I love the slight disconnect with the collaged eyes.

2. Posted December 18, 2011 at 10:22 am | Permalink

Great!!!
    Excellent!

3. Posted December 18, 2011 at 11:52 am | Permalink

she seems at ease sinking down in the deep sea. I love the light and watery patterns

4. Posted December 18, 2011 at 12:37 pm | Permalink

Beautiful imagery!

5. Posted December 19, 2011 at 12:19 am | Permalink

Oooohhh pretty.
    I love how serene she looks and how her body seems to be flowing with the current off screen with her head and shoulders anchors against the rock.

Her eyes look wistful and sullen but her smirk makes her look wry, making it look very calming.

Nice work.

Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

6. Posted December 19, 2011 at 12:54 am | Permalink

Wow such nice comments from a all of you!! Thank you!!! It’s weird I missed most of these comments… I usually get a notice via email but somehow, this time, nothing!! But it’s good that all the comments are still here… thank you!! Rubin (Rubius hehe) Indigene, Nelleke, Roberto and Sandy!! :)

7. Posted December 19, 2011 at 2:36 am | Permalink

Love this! Really like what you wrote too… :)

8. Posted December 20, 2011 at 4:00 pm | Permalink

Beautiful work… love that she is peaceful as she lets go and sinks into the abyss….

9. Posted December 20, 2011 at 6:59 pm | Permalink

Beautiful, beautiful, and intriguing illustration. It does look so peaceful, and the colors so rich!

10. Posted December 21, 2011 at 8:50 pm | Permalink

Hello, I’m glad I came to visit today, well actually I came and admired the other day, but fell short of my keyboard (I have short arms :) )

This very beautiful. Now I know beautiful is oversused but sometimes it fits. Perhaps it is a reflection of the artist? Could this be true.? :) Serenity, peace, womblike and just plain fishy. All these things come to mind. But seriously, it’s odd how certain symbols conjour certain feelings, it’s all as eliot said, ‘emotive correlatives.” (Or maybe someone else said that :) )

Merry Christmas Isabelle. Looking forward to enjoying your work next year as much as I did this year!

11. Posted December 21, 2011 at 8:52 pm | Permalink

Hey I didn’t mean that you were ‘Serenity, peace, womblike and just plain fishy’ I meant that they were the images that came to my mind when I looked at your work. Oh sometimes I need to read what I write rather than write what I write! ;)

12. Posted December 27, 2011 at 11:03 am | Permalink

Une image intriguante compte tenu du titre, son sourire me laisse perplexe…

13. Posted December 30, 2011 at 7:58 am | Permalink

happy new year !!!!!!! see you next year!!!

14. Posted December 30, 2011 at 8:00 am | Permalink

btw, very nice illustration !!!! quite silent image with beautiful colors !!

15. Posted January 6, 2012 at 9:09 pm | Permalink

Ahhhh, this beautiful, flowing piece made me take a long, slow breath, remembering the calm that can be found deep down, even when everything is in frenzied motion on the surface! Thank you for some much-needed New Year’s refreshment.

16. Posted January 7, 2012 at 9:56 pm | Permalink

“You asked me who I thought I was before. I said maybe I was a fish because I love water and you said, you thought a mermaid, maybe. If you were a mermaid, you said, if you were a mermaid, I was the sea.”

beautiful!!!!!!

17. Posted January 7, 2012 at 9:57 pm | Permalink

happy new year, wishing you the best for 2012!!!!!

sorry a few days late :D

xxoo

18. Posted January 15, 2012 at 12:47 pm | Permalink

Ha! Thanks so much for stopping by, Mita (the silly google+ buddy) hehe I wish you all the best for 2012, too!! May all your dreams (in real life and in fantasy land…both are equally important) come true!!!

19. Posted February 10, 2012 at 5:25 am | Permalink