Space – L’espace

I actually based my illustration of Space (the theme of Illustration Friday of this week) on this quote by Albert Einstein… hope you like it… the quote & the illustration :

“A human being is part of a whole, called by us the ‘Universe,’ a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest–a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.”  —Albert Einstein
space LRes Space   LespaceCette illustration sur l’espace (thème de cette semaine sur Illustration Friday) est en fait basé sur cette citation d’Albert Einstein que j’aime beaucoup… j’espère que vous aimerez aussi… (la citation et l’illustration).

“Un être humain fait partie d’un ensemble, appelé par nous« Univers », une partie limitée dans le temps et l’espace, il éprouve lui-même, ses pensées et ses sentiments, comme quelque chose de séparé du reste -. Une sorte d’illusion d’optique de sa conscience. Cette illusion est une sorte de prison pour nous, nous limitant à nos désirs personnels et à l’affection pour quelques personnes proches de nous. Notre tâche doit être de nous libérer de cette prison en élargissant nos cercles de compassion pour embrasser toutes les créatures vivantes et l’ensemble de la nature dans sa beauté. “ —Albert Einstein

8 Comments

1. Posted June 26, 2012 at 7:15 pm | Permalink

Nice to see you again Isabelle. I’ve been missing your posts and of course your wonderfully insightful art. This work resonates with me deeply … how lonely those future interplanetary and interstellar flight are going to be.

2. Posted June 26, 2012 at 9:13 pm | Permalink

Thank you Geoffrey!! I have been missing posting too!! … and mostly reading all the great comments from you and the people taking the time to visit my blog!!… It’s been crazy and I admit I have been a bit lazy posting my stuff, even my published editorial illustrations… I should put them all here but … no… so yes, I am guilty hehe… but I am back!! Thanks for your nice words on this illustration, yes, I think it would be a good thing to start taking care of this earth, so we dont have to live a future made of lonely interplanetary flights!!! :)

3. Posted June 26, 2012 at 11:00 pm | Permalink

This is thoughtful and poignant but ultimately with a hopeful message. Well done!

4. Posted June 27, 2012 at 5:18 am | Permalink

I love both the message and your illustration. So many people are divorced from the fact of our place in nature and the Universe. Your depressed astronaut has actually made brilliant choices in his preservation of water based life and oxygen creating vegetation. I also like that Earth in the background is showing Antarctica – a much underrated part of our planet. All in all, a beautiful composition and a moving picture. We are all made of stars.

5. Posted June 27, 2012 at 3:04 pm | Permalink

welcome back , Isabelle!
    I am particularly amazed by the plant under the glass cylinder….great (and important) detail.

6. Posted June 28, 2012 at 9:37 am | Permalink

Sweet, lovely, and thought provoking. I really enjoy your illustrative style!

7. Posted July 22, 2012 at 9:14 am | Permalink

très belle illustration Isabelle et sacré Einstein, je suis bien d’accord avec lui

8. nancy
    Posted July 27, 2012 at 1:54 pm | Permalink

Beautiful, simply lovely. :)