Imagination

What is imagination really? Maybe it’s just the little brother of Miss Creativity? I don’t know about you, but for me, this phrase by Einstein resonate: “Imagination is more important then knowledge“.  No need to be a super eccentric individual to be  imaginative (or to believe in unicorns, for that matter) … but to be able to imagine a different world and extraordinary things;  is a bit like adding color to an otherwise very grey world.

imagination knowledge lowres Imagination

L’imagination, qu’est-ce que c’est, au juste? Peut-être est-ce juste le petit frère de Mam’zelle Créativitée? Je ne sais pas pour vous, mais pour moi, il y a une phrase d’Einstein qui m’interpelle vraiment: “L’imagination est plus importante que la connaissance“. Pas besoin d’être un individu super excentrique (ou même de croire aux licornes) … mais juste le fait d’ être en mesure d’imaginer un monde différent, et des choses extraordinaires; c’est un peu comme ajouter de la couleur à un monde quelquefois un peu trop… gris.

12 Comments

1. Posted September 9, 2012 at 6:04 pm | Permalink

Albert was very clever, no doubt.
    and your picture is very beautiful, no doubt, either

2. Posted September 9, 2012 at 7:17 pm | Permalink

I love your creation & your post! (as usual! LOL)

3. Posted September 9, 2012 at 7:41 pm | Permalink

Roberto & Tiffany!! Thank you for your comments!! :) You two rock!! And yes, Albert was very clever!! So many wise words… I think he had a quote for almost every subject there is! hehehe.

4. Posted September 9, 2012 at 9:51 pm | Permalink

Awesome job, it looks like something Eric Idle should be singing with a unicorn coming out of his top hat!

5. Posted September 9, 2012 at 10:36 pm | Permalink

Hehehe yes, very true Tony LaRocca!! Thanks for the nice words on my artwork.

6. Kaylene Maalste
    Posted September 9, 2012 at 10:54 pm | Permalink

Well done very creative. Cheers

7. Posted September 9, 2012 at 11:00 pm | Permalink

Thank you for stopping by and for your great comment on my work, Kaylene! :)

8. Posted September 10, 2012 at 2:40 am | Permalink

what a nice submission and how true!

9. Posted September 15, 2012 at 4:49 am | Permalink

I too have used this quote! I love your illustration!xx

10. Posted September 15, 2012 at 1:23 pm | Permalink

l’imagination c’est la créativité au stade de l’enfance

11. Posted September 23, 2012 at 10:16 pm | Permalink

Très vrai, Robert!! Merci d’être passé sur mon site!! :)
    I saw that, Kylie!! How funny that we used the same quote from Einstein!!
    Thank you Nelleke for stopping by!! Had fun doing this illo!

12. Posted December 4, 2012 at 6:39 pm | Permalink

Great illustration of wise maxim! Like it a lot :)
    Without imagination there would be no progress.