Shy – timide / Christmas card – Carte de Noël

Christmas Card shy lowres Shy   timide / Christmas card   Carte de NoëlWell I was late sending my Halloween cards (below) hehe so I had to be early doing my Christmas cards!! I figured the subject for this week theme on Illustration Friday was just perfect for it: Shy. I based my idea on one of the Holiday bookmark I had made for teachers last year… but gave it a twist, with this quote from Einstein (we all love him, right?) :

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Albert Einstein

———————-

Bon… j’étais en retard pour envoyer mes cartes d’Halloween… maintenant je pense carte de Noël un peu à l’avance… j’ai pensé que le sujet pour Illustration Friday de cette semaine: Timide, serait parfait pour cette carte. Je me suis basé sur une illustration faite pour les signets de l’an passé pour les professeurs, avec un petit “twist” différent. Et quoi de mieux qu’une citation d’Albert Einstein ? On l’aime bien ce Einstein, pas vrai?

Apprenez d’hier, vivez aujourd’hui, gardez espoir pour demain. La chose importante est de ne pas cesser de s’interroger.

Albert Einstein

15 Comments

1. Posted November 6, 2012 at 6:46 pm | Permalink

This is so adorable! And I just love your art style. It’s wonderful and fun.

2. Posted November 7, 2012 at 12:09 am | Permalink

OH what a wonderful place this is! Thank you so much for your kind visit so that I may see the lovely work you do! I’m so glad my little classroom brought you back to a moment in time of fondness. : ) I shall be back to visit!!!

3. Posted November 7, 2012 at 3:50 am | Permalink

J’aime ce que dit Mr Einstein, c’est encourageant.
    Arrivée par hasard sur votre blog, je vais le consulter avec plaisir petit à petit, vos illustrations sont rafraichissantes.
    Bonne jounée!

4. Posted November 7, 2012 at 9:14 am | Permalink

so sweet, Isabelle :-) )))

5. Posted November 9, 2012 at 7:48 am | Permalink

This is really wonderful. It’s beautiful and interesting, and a GREAT Christmas card!

6. Posted November 9, 2012 at 9:13 am | Permalink

Thank you so much SL Sheibe, Shirley, Nelleke and TMartin for stopping by and writing these super-nice comments, really happy you like my take on this week’s theme!! Merci aussi à toi Sylviane, pour le petit mot en Francais! Heureuse de savoir que le hasard t’a fait voyager jusqu’ici!!

7. Posted November 9, 2012 at 9:48 am | Permalink

Your take on “Shy” is very sweet, but also mischievous, perhaps? I think we both took the right approach by playing two characters off each other. The mood of it makes me want to stick my tongue out and catch one of those flakes!

8. Posted November 11, 2012 at 10:18 am | Permalink

Dèjà Noël!!! est-ce qu’Einstein pensait au père Noël quand il a écrit ça..?

9. Posted December 13, 2012 at 10:27 am | Permalink

hello it’s been awhile… i am the laziest blogger ever, heheh :D
    but your site is one of my fave sites, so it’s always a pleasure to visit here and see your magical illustrations!

xxoo

10. Posted January 10, 2013 at 4:14 pm | Permalink

Happy New Year, Isabelle!!

Cheers!!

11. Posted January 10, 2013 at 4:56 pm | Permalink

Whish you a happy new year – all the best to you.

12. Posted January 10, 2013 at 4:57 pm | Permalink

Thank you FHNavarro for the wishes!! I hope you have a wonderful New Year too!! Mine began with lot’s of editorial illustrations so YEAH!!
    I think 2013 will be a very good year!!! Wishing you some creative (and why not: lucrative) projects, my friend!!

Ho Lashsmita, I had not seen your comment, you know why? Because of the name “ghost from the past” that could not be recognize by the server haha… but now I just did, thank you so much for your nice words! I am exactly like you… a lazy blogger… maybe even worst then you!!! hehehe Happy New year, dear!!!

13. Posted January 10, 2013 at 5:00 pm | Permalink

Merci Robert !!! !! C’est toujours un plaisir que de recevoir ta visite sur mon humble site :) Je suis un peu en retard pour mes réponses, je me branche pas assez souvent sur mon propre site hehehe… ou un peu trop sur G+? Ha… je souhaite que 2013 m’apporte un peu plus d’équilibre!! hihi Bonne année 2013 à toi!!

14. Posted January 10, 2013 at 5:03 pm | Permalink

Thanks so much for stopping by my site (back in november… I am so late replying to comments, I am ashamed!!!) Gabriel Garbow :) But I do read them all… I just forget to comment sometimes!!! Yes, I always like when there is an interaction between two characters… makes the illustration even more fun, right?… haaa.. I did that when I was a kid…. catch snow flakes as they fall… was actually better then eat it when it was already on the ground… with the small…. rocks and stuff?? beurk!!! hehehe :) Hope you are having a wonderful beginning of the New Year!!!

15. Posted January 10, 2013 at 5:28 pm | Permalink

Wish you time and deceleration for doing things you like to do!